News from Protein drug design group
- Our paper entitled “Enhanced neprilysin-mediated degradation of hippocampal Ab42 with a somatostatin peptide that enters the brain” got accepted in Theranostics, https://www.thno.org/
Enhanced neprilysin-mediated degradation of hippocampal Ab42 with a somatostatin peptide that enters the brain
Fadi Rofo1, Canan Ugur Yilmaz1, Nicole Metzendorf1, Tobias Gustavsson2, Chiara Beretta2, Anna Erlandsson2, Dag Sehlin2, Stina Syvänen2, Per Nilsson3, Greta Hultqvist1*
1 Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- Greta and Sofia are awarded a grant from Uppsala University to develop a digital lab for the Biologics Course
- Come and listen to Greta at PEGS Europe, in Lissabon (November 11th 2020). She will talk about the nice results we have in our last submitted manuscript. https://www.pegsummiteurope.com/engineering-antibodies
- The course in Biologics starts for the fourth time. This time the course will include students from the new international master program in drug development. https://uu.se/utbildning/utbildningar/selma/kurser/?kKod=3FB025&typ=1
- The course Biotechnology and immunology at the pharmaceutical program are held for the first time. We arrange this course together with Ulf Göransson.https://www.uu.se/utbildning/utbildningar/selma/kursplan/?kKod=3FN401&lasar=
- Neira Babic, Isak Simon and Ulrika Linde have started in the group for their master projects!
- Jamie Morrison has started in the group as a researcher! Welcome Jamie!
- A new shaking incubator for the mammalian cells expressing our proteins have arrived and we have doubled our protein expression capabilities.
- Canan Ugur Yilmaz is back in our group again, as a researcher! Welcome back Canan!
- Antonino Napoleone joins the group as a research assistant and will work with the protein expression. Welcome Antonino!
- Fadi Rofo presents his half-time seminar entitled: Enhancing the therapeutic effects of biological drugs with protein engineering.
- Duah Hassan joins the lab for her master thesis project.
- Aikaterini Chourlia has started to the group as a researcher assistant! Welcome Katia!
- Inga Petersen is registered as PhD student in the group!
- Nicole Metzendorf has started to the group as a senior researcher! Welcome Nicole!
- The protein drug design group together with the company BioArctic, Dag Sehlins and Stina Syvänens research groups receives the Biological drugs grant from Vinnova.
- Join us in PEGS Euroupe, Fadi Rofo present our new data on multivalent binders.
- Greta is rewarded with Vetenskapsrådets starting grant in medicine.
- Andrés joins the group as a PhD student. Welcome Andrés!
- Fadi Rofo presents our recent data on multivalent binders in ULLA summer school in Helsinki.
- John Samuelsson joins the lab for his master thesis project.
- Sofia presents at PEGS Boston, standing in for Greta, and talks about production of bivalet antibodies.
- The course in Biological Drugs runs for the first time with students from the pharmacy programme.https://www.uu.se/en/admissions/freestanding-courses/course-syllabus/?kKod=3FB028&lasar=
- Inga Petersen joins the lab as an Erasmus student. Welcome Inga!
- Canan presents data from our epilepsy/neuroinflammation study @13th European Congress on Epileptology in Vienna.
- Canan joins to the group as a researcher! Congrats Canan!
- Sofia Stenler joins the group as a postdoctoral researcher. Welcome Sofia!
- We move our laboratory to a new bigger space in C4:2 at BMC.
- Greta receives a grant of 1 million SEK from Alzheimerfonden.
- Canan Ugur Yilmaz joins the group as a guest researcher. Welcome Canan!
- Fadi Rofo is the first one to join the group. He starts as a PhD student in December 2017
- Greta is presenting data about our BBB transporter on both PEGS Europe and Festival of Biologics.