• H. Vaghef & B. Hellman. Demonstration of chlorobenzene-induced DNA damage in mouse lymphocytes using the single cell gel electrophoresis assay. Toxicology 96, 19-28.
• H. Vaghef, P. Nygren, C. Edling, J. Bergh & Björn Hellman (1997). Alkaline single cell gel electrophoresis and human biomonitoring for genotoxicity: a pilot study on breast cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy including cyclophosphamide, Mutation Research, 395, 127-138.
• M. Andersson, E. Agurell, H. Vaghef, G. Bolcsfoldi & B. Hellman (2003). Extended-term cultures of human T-lymphocytes and the comet assay: a useful combination when testing for genotoxicity in vitro? Mutation Research, 540, 43-55.
• M. A. Andersson, K. V. Peterson-Grawé, O. M. Karlsson, L. A. G. Abramsson-Zetterberg & B. E. Hellman (2007). Evaluation of the potential genotoxicity of chromium picolinate in mammalian cells in vivo and in vitro. Food & Chemical Toxicoogy, 45, 1097-1106.
• J. Demma, K. Hallberg & B. Hellman (2009). Genotoxicity of plumbagin and its effects on catechol and NQNO-induced DNA damage in mouse lymphoma cells.Toxicology In Vitro, 23, 266-271.
• R. Åsgård, S. Hagdoost, S. Osterman Golkar, B. Hellman & S. Czene (2013). Evidence for different mechanisms of action behind the mutagenic effects of 4-NOPD and OPD: the role of DNA damage, oxidative stress and an imbalanced nucleotide pool. Mutagenesis 28, 637-644.
• E. Bivehed, A. Gustafsson, A. Berglund & B. Hellman (2020). Evaluation of potential DNA damaging effects of nitenpyram and imidacloprid in human U937-cells using a new statistical approach to analyse comet data. Exposure and Health 12, 547-554. DOI: 10.1007/s12403-019-00328-6.
• E. Bivehed, O. Söderberg and B. Hellman (2020). Flash-comet: Significantly improved speed and sensitivity of the comet assay through the introduction of lithium-based solutions and a more gentle lysis. Mutation Research (2020). Doi: 10.1016/j.mrgentox.2020.503240.